Student Jobs: Part time jobs while studying in Canada

[h2]Student Jobs: Part time jobs while studying in Canada[/h2]

Working while studying may seem daunting to a few, but it may be perfect solution to others. There are of course advantages and disadvantages to working while studying. One of the major disadvantages is that the work schedule becomes tighter and tighter. Balancing work and studies may make some students nauseous and should only be dealt with by strong, determined students. Students have to juggle family time, extra-curricular activities with studying and working which can be very stressful at times.

The advantages on the other hand are many and include important factors to take into consideration such as the benefits students receive when working in the same field as their studies.

The country of Canada does not allow just anyone to work for it; only citizens and permanent residences. International students working on campus must do so with a work permit as well as a valid study permit. Some universities do not require a work permit as long as the student’s work is within the boundaries of the campus grounds. Students are required to be full-time students at a public or private post-secondary institution.

International students can also find work opportunities off campus, but the still require the presence of a work permit. Students must also be registered full-time students. The maximum number of work hours permitted per week is 20 hours. This is only during regular academic periods. During scheduled breaks and holidays, hours are extended to their full time rate which is 40 hours per week.

Graduate and post-graduate students can get up to three years of work permits. Also spouses of students studying in Canada may also receive work permits during their stay. Work permits must be applied for at the Canadian consulate in your native country – or a country which you have entered legally – if that student is from a country which requires a visa to enter Canada.

There are some exceptions to the rule when it comes to work permits. For example, graduate students who work as a research assistant or a teaching assistant do not need a work permit. This means that the work must be strictly related to the research grant which the student is working on. Also, students do not need a work permit if the institution in which they are working as an association with the university or college where the student is studying. For example, if the student is working in a teaching hospital, library, or research institute, then these institutions must be affiliated with the place from which you are obtaining your education. Also, if the work is being directed by the head of a department of a faculty member, then students do not need to get a work permit.