[h2]How to choose a good university in the USA[/h2]
Regardless of whether you are a student who is living in America or not, it is important for one to know how to choose a good university in the USA. There are so many amazing colleges here that even domestic students are unsure of where to apply.
Here are some points you need to consider if you are a student who is wondering how to choose a good university in the USA:
• Budget- Ask yourself or your parent if you have the funds required to study at the college of your choice. Some universities such as George Washington University (annual fee for undergrad law students, USD 70,449) could be quite costly. One could go for NYU instead where, though the annual fee is USD 72,831, the university offers 45-47% scholarships to applicants and a larger number of students do get in with such scholarships while fewer students get into GWU’s law school with scholarships.
• Courses- Look at the various courses these universities offer. It would be pointless to go to a school that does not offer the kind of courses you need to get into the field of your choice.
• Reputation- how well-reputed is the college?
• Good doesn’t always mean the Ivies- sure, the Ivy League colleges are amazing but you have to work hard to get into them. Check out other options too. By way of example, NYU and Columbia are known to be as good as the Ivies.
• Would you be able to get individual attention from your teachers?
How to choose a good university in the USA is also a question that is dependent upon the factors that you consider are important.
Look over different colleges before applying to them- are they accredited? Any company that you apply to in the future would only take you if you were a student at an accredited university.
Choose a certain aspect that is important to you and draw up a list- if you are applying to universities but need financial aid or scholarships, you should list schools according to their affordability. NYU offers scholarships of $5,000 a year and a number of students do get in with these scholarships but someone applying to Harvard would find it difficult to get the scholarship since the competition is even fiercer seeing as how Harvard is considered to have the best law school in the world.